My LinkedIn Profile portrays over six years of experience in social media and digital marketing - the majority of that within the recruitment and professional services spaces. It shows that I am an early technology adopter (it must be because I'm a "Millennial") and that I love to speak on all things social media and personal branding.
What it won't tell you, however, is the stories that make up who I am. It won't say that my former colleague (and good friend) still reminisces about the time I voluntarily caught a website bug after scouring Drupal for 45 minutes to find an extra space within the HTML code...a task I drank with an extra dose of pride.
You may not know that the majority of my four years at Conn College was dedicated to understanding the real "rub" of advertisements and their influence on female body image and consumer purchasing behavior. Nor would you have necessarily known that my spiritual yoga and meditation practice is my coffee, Advil, Xanax, daily inspirational quote, and tub of Ben & Jerry's...all rolled into one. Or that the most defining period in my life was during three impressionable high school years that I spent playing AAU basketball for a coach that found a tireless work-ethic, a drive, a passion and a level of heart that I didn't know I had in me.
Some other facts you may not know about me:
- Careers I've held in past lives - massage therapist, professional Irish step dancer
- A former Division III NESCAC basketball player
- Hardcore introvert and highly sensitive person (HSP)
- Never seen a celebrity nor have I been to a Disney theme parks
- Inspirational gurus are Gabby Bernstein, Gary Vaynerchuk, Marie Forleo, and Elizabeth Gilbert. When you find someone who motivates you to create the life you want for yourself, man, you've really got something.
- My biggest dream in this lifetime is to see the world.